Invented by Dr Michael Brown
MBBS, Ph.D., FRACP, FRCPA
Consultant Medical Oncologist, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Breakthrough treatment for solid tumour cancers
- Researching RIT and ADC treatments and diagnostics
- $30 million announcement signed on October 30, 2019
Dr Enzo Ranieri, Dr Janice Fletcher, Peter Sharp & Dr Steven Ramsay
- Earlier and less invasive detection of Down Syndrome
- Uses maternal blood, lowering risk to foetus
Dr Weng-Onn Chan
- Invented, developed and manufactured in Adelaide
- Holds 1.5 ml vials securely, allowing opthalmologists to draw up medicines through a syringe without assistance holding the vial
Dr Frank Grutzner
- Collaboration between the University of Adelaide, Flinders University, Monash University, the Royal Adelaide Hospital, and SAHMRI
- The project will investigate the medical potential of hormones present in the venom of the platypus and the echidna.
Invented by Dr Richard Burnet
Endocrinology Dept, Royal Adelaide Hospital.
- Detects dangerously low blood-sugar in the sufferers of Type 1 Diabetes
- Non-invasive way of alerting the wearer to onset of hypoglycaemia
Lead inventor John Glasson
MAppSc (Med Lab Sc) , Dip. Med Tech
(ex)Chief Operating Officer, Division of Clinical Pathology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science
- Improving plate culture technology
- Better performance and accuracy for laboratories
ClinMAPS PRO App
Invented by Tanja Klotz and Rochelle Kurmis
Adult Burns Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Digital version of a burns reference book known as MAPS
- Includes global scales including the Vancouver Scar Scale
Research to Reality.
AusHealth Research translates and commercialises hospitals research into leading edge medical technologies and treatments.
AusHealth Research maintains a diverse commercialisation portfolio and works closely with hospitals and universities. We provide dedicated customer service with a focus on commercial development of innovative medical products and services. Companies in Australia that AusHealth Research has started are now valued at $1.5 billion. This exceeds the total value commercialised by all 3 Universities in SA combined.
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE
- Intellectual Property advice, protection, management & strategy.
- Proof-of-concept funding towards IP development & commercial milestones.
- Business development & path to market strategy.
- Identification of licensees and strategic industry partnerships.
- Commercialisation grants: advice & support.
- Commercialisation contractual services; negotiation and deal-making for IP licensing and spin-off ventures.