Invented by Dr Michael Brown
MBBS, Ph.D., FRACP, FRCPA
Consultant Medical Oncologist, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Breakthrough treatment for solid tumour cancers
- Researching RIT and ADC treatments and diagnostics
- $30 million announcement signed on October 30, 2019
Dr Enzo Ranieri, Dr Janice Fletcher, Peter Sharp & Dr Steven Ramsay
- Earlier and less invasive detection of Down Syndrome
- Uses maternal blood, lowering risk to foetus
Mesenchymal Stem Cells
Dr Paul Simmons, Prof Stan Gronthos & Prof Andrew Zannettino
- Researchers identified a method to isolate these cells
- Isolated cells used to assist repair of heart, bone & joints
Dr Weng-Onn Chan
- Invented, developed and manufactured in Adelaide
- Holds 1.5 ml vials securely, allowing opthalmologists to draw up medicines through a syringe without assistance holding the vial
Dr Frank Grutzner
- Collaboration between the University of Adelaide, Flinders University, Monash University, the Royal Adelaide Hospital, and SAHMRI
- The project will investigate the medical potential of hormones present in the venom of the platypus and the echidna.
Invented by Dr Richard Burnet
Endocrinology Dept, Royal Adelaide Hospital.
- Detects dangerously low blood-sugar in the sufferers of Type 1 Diabetes
- Non-invasive way of alerting the wearer to onset of hypoglycaemia
Lead inventor John Glasson
MAppSc (Med Lab Sc) , Dip. Med Tech
(ex)Chief Operating Officer, Division of Clinical Pathology, Institute of Medical and Veterinary Science
- Improving plate culture technology
- Better performance and accuracy for laboratories
ClinMAPS PRO App
Invented by Tanja Klotz and Rochelle Kurmis
Adult Burns Unit, Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Digital version of a burns reference book known as MAPS
- Includes global scales including the Vancouver Scar Scale
Research to Reality.
AusHealth Research translates and commercialises hospitals research into leading edge medical technologies and treatments.
Since 1985 AusHealth Research has returned more than A$42 million to its shareholder to develop leading-edge medical technologies which have been invented by the highly skilled doctors, researchers and staff of CALHN. AusHealth Research has been successful in licensing these technologies to companies today worth $1.7 billion and has assisted in bringing tens of millions of dollars to CALHN to support its research.